Rob Nelson Wrote the Book on ADR
Thirty years in dispute resolution have raised my concern about certain legal processes becoming potentially unmanageable. Clients today are extremely sensitive to the cost (financial and personal) of conflict. Hence, I have increasingly supported effective negotiation, mediation and arbitration techniques, albeit within and under the shadow and guidance of the Courts and the law. Lawyers must master these techniques or be left behind.
Writing this book has strengthened my conviction that a desire for effective settlement of disputes is an ancient wish which has been recently rediscovered. The energy and success of dispute resolution processes today is a testament to their historic roots.
From the preface of
NELSON ON ADR, published by Thomson Carswell
|Welcome to my Home Page. I offer decades of trial experience and ADR expertise in the resolution of disputes as follows:
- contract and commercial disputes
- corporate oppression disputes
- disputes with respect to professionals
- employment and dismissal disputes (private and public sector)
- family law disputes involving property
- issues involving directors and shareholders
- technology disputes including software